- Children must be accompanied at all times
- Outdoor clothes essential for ALL ages
- Please provide your own food and snacks – Maze Cafe open in summer
- Hot drinks are available throughout the year
- Cash only – Sorry no card machines would work here
- Sorry, no dogs unless registered as assistance/guide dogs
How much do sessions cost?
We have slightly different prices for our sessions based on the resources and staffing required to deliver them as we currently don’t receive any external funding. These sessions are as much for adults as they are the children because we provide activities to facilitate quality play-time together without the distractions of modern life – and this makes it cheaper for bigger families too.
- Weekly ‘Magic Garden’ sessions are £3.50 per person OR save 30% by prepaying for four (consecutive) sessions for £10 (Non-refundable unless session is cancelled/postponed)
- Family Fundays every 6 weeks and Family TaskForce sessions in the half-term holidays are £4 per person
- Hundred River Maze will be open every day in the summer holidays and costs £4 for Adults and children and £3 for Concessions. (Under 2’s free)
- Our ‘Family Day and Torchlight Maze’ Event on Sat 8th Sept has tickets currently available (£5-£7) if you pre-book online (until 1st Aug)
What to wear?
For our Magic Garden sessions please check our facebook page for details of upcoming activities and ensure Adults and Children are dressed appropriately – don’t forget the obvious raincoats and wellies in winter or sunscreen and hats in summer. Please prepare for all eventualities but if you’re unsure feel free to ping us a message.
TaskForce groups will need to wear old clothes and sturdy boots where possible – No open toes and please note that you may need to required to remove jewellery and accessories if taking part in certain activities.
Do I need to pre-book?
Whilst you don’t need to book for our Magic Garden Sessions you will need to book tickets for Family Fundays (every 6 weeks on a Sunday) – we’ll post on social media in the lead up to the event so you can let us know you are attending.
You also need to book online for tickets to the Family Day and Torchlight event on Sept 8th.
Can I get to you on public transport?
Unfortunately, we are not accessible using Public Transport but we have ample parking and it’s only a short Taxi ride from Beccles (costs around £10). Try Kims Cabs on 01502 712213 or PJ Taxis on 01502 719718.
Are you wheelchair and buggy accessible?
Some areas (particularly in winter) can be a bit soft or muddy for pushchairs, particularly after it has rained so bring a Buggy with sturdy wheels if possible. Regrettably, we are only partially wheelchair accessible, as our toilet, despite having ramps, is not quite big enough for some bigger mobility scooters. Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to arrange a pre-visit.
Do you take private or group bookings?
Yes – We’re available for group bookings, school visits, farm tours, birthday parties and private sessions. Please check our session descriptions and frequently asked question pages for more details and get in contact via facebook or email if you’d like to make an enquiry.
Can you offer School visits?
We are part of a scheme that allows us to offer one FREE school visit per month with priority given to local schools who are serving the most disadvantaged communities. Additional visits and packages are negotiable. We are happy to consider visits for all ages and abilities – please get in touch to make an enquiry or arrange a pre-visit.
How do we get to you?
Turn up Jay’s Hill off Hulver Street (B1127).
At the top of the hill, you turn right into the car park/maze field, just before the first house on the right-hand side.